Benefits of Quality Graphic Designs to Brand Development
Graphic design in its simplest description as provided by Wikipedia is the process of visual communication and problem-solving through the use of typography, with the help of photography and illustration; by creating and combining symbols, images and text so as to form visual representations of an idea or message. It is art with a purpose!
In other words, it is the craft of creating visual content to communicate messages and to display components of interactive designs so as to enhance the user experience. A quality graphic design must be pleasing, applicable and expressive in its entire characteristic.
Graphic Design demands the conceptualization of emotions in art forms in such a manner that it expresses the core purpose of its message. This is important because emotions psychologically affect the precision of the design’s symmetry and balance; patterns; flows and every other consideration.
Graphic Designs and Brand Development
Graphic design plays a critical role in the development or restoration of a brand. Branding has increasingly become important in the range of services offered by graphic designers.
Branding is the first impression people will get of a company. Notable brand images are produced by creative-minded professionals with a potent skill in design and graphics. This makes it possible to easily communicate the significance and distinctiveness of any company. Branding can be defined simply as a mark that indicates ownership or distinction.
Branding is not just an element in business development; it is complete alignments of values that make a company stand out among its rivals.
Graphic designers use visual devices; illustrations, packaging, logos, fonts, and essentially all the visuals that allow you to create a profile for a company’s brand.
To this effect, there are many types of graphic design works that are integral corporate-branding such as;
- Visual identity graphic design.
- Marketing & advertising graphic design: postcards and flyers; info-graphics; brochures; menu lists; social media ads; banners and graphics; banner and retargeting ads; images for websites and blogs; signage and trade show displays; posters, banners and billboards etc.
- User interface graphic design (UI): visual experience and on-screen graphics element like web-pages; theme designs; apps and games interface.
Photo credit: Price Pronto
- Publication graphic design: newspapers; newsletters; directories; catalogues; annual reports etc.
- Motion graphics.
- Environmental graphic designs: Signage; Wall murals; Office branding etc.
- Art and illustration graphic designs for: book covers; picture books; websites; t-shirt design; concept art etc.
Some Benefits of Quality Graphics to Brand Development
The benefits of fabulously designed graphics for a corporate image and its entire endeavour cannot be overstated. These are proven immediate effects of quality graphic designs on every corporate organization…
- A strong brand identity that is built on an impressive design commands attention. This helps to build the corporate image of a company by enhancing the brand recognition.
- Instantly identifiable brands based on strong graphic designs help endear the brands to consumers, thereby, building a level of trust and credibility in target markets.
- A quality graphic design helps in communicating the objectives and values of the company… and as a result, creates goodwill and consistency across all platforms.
- It influences perception across-board, thereby improving market standing, position and rank.
- Serving as a good form of introduction, a superior brand’s design markets itself.
- Companies save cost on re-building a poorly built brand identity and projects they might be working on.
- Finally and most importantly, a very strong corporate brand built by quality and professional graphic designers helps to promote the corporate image both externally and internally. It creates an ambience of unity within the workplace; enhancing efficiency and productivity owing to the pride of working with an established brand in any industry, and by extension improves staff loyalty.
If you loved this post, kindly share!
This post was written by Adeyinka Adebisi