Are Company Brochures Still Effective in 2018?
The world is currently in the centre of a digital explosion. Nigeria for one is right in its prime stage where digital branding and marketing has become a top priority. In the midst of all of this, one might want to ask – Are company brochures still effective in 2018?
In order to understand the influence brochures have on a company, highlighting the importance is as good as explaining in detail what a Brochure is.
According to Neil Kokemullera, a business analyst with Hearst Newspapers, a company brochure is a print publication used to highlight a company’s benefits, products and services for customers; however, they are valuable as an affordable advertising tool for small companies.
Brochures play an important role in marketing any business, it can be used as part of a direct marketing campaign or as a presentation tool for your sales team.
It also updates your customers and prospects about the products and services you offer and helps build confidence in your company by describing your capabilities.
Effective marketing campaigns are all about customer interactions. Brochures are simply just another way to interact with customers and generate leads for the sales teams to follow up.
Why Procure a Brochure?
Brochures handle three foremost functions: to inform, publicize and identify. It is one of the best ways to present your company’s image and stature. The function of a brochure for any company will be an outcome of the reflection on the reasons for procuring it.
Photo credit: Freepik
The most important reasons for procuring a brochure (which could also be its functions) are:
- It demonstrates professionalism. A well-designed brochure serves as a perfect introduction to your business. To this effect, professionalism is the guarantee you want to reassure your leads.
- It is a great marketing tool when reaching out to new customers. It helps to start a conversation and provides the structure for the conversation.
- Brochures come in handy at networking events. Strategically distributed brochures can expand your company’s visibility. You can also give all the information you would normally say in a short elevator speech from a brochure at any event. That way, you will be getting your message across to a lot of people at once.
- Brochures can provide positive press about your company by foreshowing your company’s strengths.
- It is perfect for trade shows and networking opportunities. Prominent individuals and companies collect brochures for information, mindfulness and esteem. With this, you are able to create a continuous cycle of visually engaging information about your company.
Why Printed Brochures?
Photo credit: Freepik
A printed brochure can be easily accessed and read. A brochure most significantly focuses entirely on the business and its offerings, thereby getting the undivided attention of all potential customers who browse through them.
The key, however, is to make the content both interesting and informative, supporting it with appropriate images, and including a call to action. This, therefore, brings about the advantages of a brochure which are:
- They are easy to distribute
- You can build trust with your audience through them
- They can hold lots of information
- Brochures personalize your business
- They establish your business’s authority
Pick your choice of Brochure
The right type of brochure for your particular need depends on several factors: target audience; content; printing; distribution method; and available budget. Brochures are categorized by design and also by their layouts.
By Design, there are brochures with a formative description of Gate-fold brochure; Tri-fold brochure; Bi-fold brochure; Leaflets or Flyers; Folders and Insert brochure; Z-fold brochure. However, by content, there are brochures like company profile brochures; sales brochures; product catalogues; datasheets; event brochures; menus; forms; and pamphlets.
What do you do now?
Brochures are still a viable way of marketing in 2018. Most brochures are printed, however, you can always make your brochures available on your website as well. There are people who would prefer to have them on their devices on-the-go.
So, bring some life and sophistication to your offline marketing by making first impressions count with an expertly designed brochure. The more you show…the more you sell. Get technical and go on… Show off!
If you loved this post, kindly share!